Closing: April 23, 2019 at 2:00pm
Sealed tenders on forms supplied by the County of Renfrew Department of Public Works & Engineering, will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 for the Rehabilitation of County Structure B258 (Madawaska River Bridge) located on County Road 1 (Madawaska Boulevard), 0.2 km east of County Road 2 (Daniel Street North) in the Town of Arnprior.
A certified cheque or bank draft not less than the amount specified in the tender requirements must accompany each tender and the successful bidder will be required to provide a 100% performance bond and 50% materials and labour payment bond upon execution of the contract agreement.
Companies that wish to submit a tender for this contract must register with the department in order to receive the tender documents and to be eligible to submit a tender. Tenders submitted by unregistered bidders will not be accepted. Interested contractors are advised of the following: the 2-year project, with winter shutdown, is for the rehabilitation of a 4-lane, multi-span bridge over the Madawaska River located in the downtown setting of the Town of Arnprior.
The general scope of work includes:
- Repair, overlay, waterproof and paving of the deck;
- Repair and overlay sidewalks;
- Replace the deck drains;
- Replace ballast walls and approach slab;
- Replace the expansion joints;
- Replace bearings at abutments;
- Replace section of
- Repair concrete parapets and install new railings;
- Improvement and repairs on approach roadways including milling, paving and pavement marking;
- Associated work of traffic controls and staging;
- Miscellaneous concrete repairs to components throughout the structure; and
- Other miscellaneous work.
Electronic PDF files of the plans, specifications and tender form are free of charge for registered bidders.
Hard copy plans, specifications and tender forms may be obtained from the Department for a non-refundable fee of one hundred ($100) dollars.
A public tender opening will be held immediately following closing time.
Fax submissions or any other electronic submissions are not acceptable. The lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted and the County reserves the right to award any portion of this tender.
Laura Gonu, Secretary II-Infrasture
Taylor Hanrath, Infrastructure Coordinator
Michael Behm, C. Tech, Acting Manager of Infrastructure
9 International Drive, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 6W5