Latest Issue Here:
Ottawa Valley Business – October 16, 2018
Little Cannabis Guidance For Employers
Businesses on their own starting October 17
Tomorrow, October 17, marijuana is going to become legal throughout Canada. In anticipation of what is a fairly big change for this country, this was supposed to be a story to help businesses with what they need to know about marijuana use in the workplace. It turned into was a very different kind of story. Download our latest issue.
- Cannabis Act, 2017
- Smoke Free Ontario Act (This Act is not yet in force)
- Clearing the Haze: The impacts of marijuana in the workplace (Human Resources Professionals Association HRPA)
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit Presentation to Parents and Communities
- Ontario Ministry of Labour: Impairment and Workplace Health and Safety
- Hicks Morley: New Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2017 in Force July 1, 2018: What Employers Should Know (May 29, 2018)
- Ontario Cannabis Store
Marketing | Jennifer Layman
A Drive Through Northern Ontario: How small communities make a big impact
In early October I had the opportunity to take a drive through Northern Ontario – to Kenora to be exact. It was an 1,800-kilometre drive on mostly a two lane highway, and it was one of the most relaxing drives ever. It was a great opportunity to see an aspect of the tourism experience from the road. Download our latest issue.
Book Club | Peter Drucker
We live in an age of unprecedented opportunity: with ambition, drive and talent, you can rise to the top of your chosen profession regardless of where you started out. But with opportunity comes responsibility. Companies today aren’t managing their knowledge workers careers. Instead, you must be your own chief executive officer. That means it’s up to you to carve out your place in the world and know when to change course. And it’s up to you to keep yourself engaged and productive during a career that may span some 50 years. Download our latest issue.
2018 is a provincial and a municipal election year. This new column for 2018 provides information about running for municipal council. Visit Ottawa Valley Business’ dedicated Election 2018 Page and find links to additional information there as well. Read more: Download our latest issue.
October 22, 2018: Election day
- Events Calendar: Business and related events in the region
- Business News Around The Valley: Briefs on local news and information
- On The Move: Local promotions, new hires and retirements
- It’s A Fact: Interesting facts connected to business
- News 10: A quick 10-question quiz on recent news headlines
- Tenders: Current tender postings and results