Latest Issue Here:
Ottawa Valley Business August 7, 2018 Edition
It’s Election Time For Municipalities
Who’s running, who’s not in Renfrew, Lanark and more
- On July 27, 2018, nominations closed for individuals looking to hold a position on municipal councils and school boards. Here is a recap of the races. Download our latest issue.
Roseburg Donates $10K to Project Runway
President calls airport “invaluable” to the community
- Project Runway, the initiative to repave the 5,000 foot runway at the Pembroke & Area Airport, received a significant boost from a new business in town, Roseburg Forest Products. Roseburg, who recently purchased the Pembroke MDF plant, sent the Airport a cheque for $10,000 US in support of the campaign. Download our latest issue.
Marketing | Jennifer Layman
Let’s Get Engaged! How businesses can help with voter engagement
With nominations having come to a close for the upcoming municipal election, there are approximately 11 weeks before our municipal officials are determined for the next four years. For me, these next 11 weeks are filled with anticipation that someone will actually work to recruit voters and prepare the signs, brochures, pitches and more that show the commitment to gaining the public’s confidence to be their elected official. Read more by downloading our latest issue.
Book Club | Jon Gordon and Ken Blanchard
“It’s Monday morning and George walks out the front door to his car and a flat tire. But this is the least of his problems. His home life is in shambles and his team at work is in disarray. With a big new product launch coming up in 2 weeks for the NRG-2000 he has to find a way to get it together or risk losing his marriage and job. Forced to take the bus to work, George meets a unique kind of bus driver and an interesting set of characters (passengers) that over the course of 2 weeks share the 10 rules for the ride of his life… and attempt to help him turn around his work and team and save his job and marriage from an almost inevitable destruction.” Read more by downloading our latest issue.
Election 2018 | Are you considering running for council?
2018 is a provincial and a municipal election year. This new column for 2018 provides information about running for municipal council. Visit Ottawa Valley Business’ dedicated Election 2018 Page and find links to additional information there as well.
May 1, 2018: Nomination period opens
July 27, 2018: Nomination period ends
October 22, 2018: Election day
Read more by downloading our latest issue.
- Events Calendar: Business and related events in the region
- Business News Around The Valley: Briefs on local news and information
- On The Move: Local promotions, new hires and retirements
- t’s A Fact: Interesting facts connected to business
- News 10: A quick 10-question quiz on recent news headlines
- Tenders: Current tender postings and results