Latest Issue Here:
Ottawa Valley Business – September 18, 2018 Edition
Two Airports; Two Different Viewpoints
Industry group notes Pembroke, Goderich stories
- The August edition of the Airport Management Council of Ontario (AMCO)’s newsletter, a list of what’s inside runs down the right hand page. In this issue, the headline “Goderich Looks To Bringing Chartered Flights to Airport.” This is a story about how Huron County is working with the Goderich Airport to grow and develop the facility. The next headline reads: “County of Renfrew Will Not Fund Airport’s Runway Campaign.” The similarities are interesting. Both airports are 5,000 feet long x 100 feet wide. Both are owned by lower tier municipalities, not the upper-tier county. Both are looking at a vision for the future. But only one has the support of the entire region.Download our latest issue.
Candidates Meetings Schedule: Mark Your Calendars
A list of known candidate meetings in Renfrew and Lanark counties
- Hear your candidate speak at a forum in the upcoming municipal election candidate nights. Download our latest issue.
Fire Department Donates Rescue Truck
Firefighters Without Borders to benefit from local donation
- On August 30, 2018 the Drummond North Elmsley Tay Valley (DNE-TV) Fire Rescue donated a surplus Rescue Truck and Pumper to Firefighters Without Borders Canada (FWB), an organization whose mission is to assist the emergency service agencies of developing nations, by helping to improve their ability to effectively provide a higher level of emergency services to their communities. Download our latest issue.
Marketing | Jennifer Layman
Marketing That Matters: Why it’s importnat to focus on the mundane
A lot of people think that marketing is about being flashy. Flashy billboards, flashy websites, flashy everything. The truth is, some marketing can be flashy, but the majority of your marketing will be in areas of your business that you may find to be mundane. Download our latest issue.
Book Club | Kerry Patterson and Joseph Grenny
Perhaps once a decade, a book comes along that transforms people’s lives in a very real, measurable way. This is one of them. Crucial Conversations exploded onto the scene ten years ago and revolutionized the way people communicate when stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. Since then, millions of people have learned how to hold effective crucial conversations and have dramatically improved their lives and careers thanks to the methods outlined in this book. Download our latest issue.
2018 is a provincial and a municipal election year. This new column for 2018 provides information about running for municipal council. Visit Ottawa Valley Business’ dedicated Election 2018 Page and find links to additional information there as well.
October 22, 2018: Election day
Read more: Download our latest issue.
- Events Calendar: Business and related events in the region
- Business News Around The Valley: Briefs on local news and information
- On The Move: Local promotions, new hires and retirements
- It’s A Fact: Interesting facts connected to business
- News 10: A quick 10-question quiz on recent news headlines
- Tenders: Current tender postings and results